You may find pitas at the local bakery thrift store for as little as $1 a bag, so you can stock your freezer with a good supply for making pita chips anytime.
This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure here.
Pita Chips Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 bag of pitas
- salt, pepper and oregano
- olive oil spray
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and spray generously with olive oil.
- Cut whole pitas into eighths using cooking shears. Older kids can handle this part.
- Spread pita pieces evenly on the cookie sheet in a single layer, then spray them with olive oil.
- Older or younger kids can help with the next part – shaking salt, pepper and oregano lightly over the pita pieces.
- Bake pita chips until they are golden brown and crisp, probably about 10 minutes, but check after 8 minutes by grabbing a chip carefully with a pair of serving tongs.
Kids will love eating these pita chips as soon as they’re cool enough to touch. My kid helpers/testers declared they were “better than potato chips.” Store leftover pita chips in a zipper bag or lidded bowl.
Don’t miss all the latest tips, giveaways, reviews, deals and more. Subscribe to weekly email updates here!