The best thing I found about the Dukan Diet – what likely allowed me to stay on the diet and lose 45 pounds last year – is that you never have to go hungry. Never. If I had stomach pangs, I ate a snack. I ate Weight Watchers mozzarella sticks or drank unsweetened soy milk with sugar free chocolate syrup. For a special sweet treat, I made my low-fat, low-carb cheesecake recipe.
However, eating filling protein instead of sugar and carbs meant I didn’t feel peckish all the time and therefore didn’t require frequent snacking.
Here are a few Dukan Diet recipes for Phase 1 to help keep you on track.
- Egg Drop Soup is surprisingly filling, not to mention quite tasty.
- Skillet Low Carb Pizza tastes great and requires minimal prep time. You’ll hardly miss the crust!
- Crockpot Beef and Broccoli – throw it together quickly in the morning and have dinner waiting for you when you get home from work.
- Crockpot Roast is another option for making it early with little prep time and having it ready for dinner.
- Campfire Hobo Packets are something you can make differently for your family, leaving out the potatoes in your own packet to make them lower in carbs.
- Meatball Sub Casserole goes over well with my family, and you can make it low fat and Dukan friendly by buying turkey meatballs instead of beef and avoiding the bread. This is another versatile, adaptable recipe that you can make your own.
- This Crockpot Roast Recipe came from a stovetop pot roast recipe my mom has made for as long as I can remember. My version still tastes terrific but takes less time because you make it in the crockpot and leave it all day. Then, you enjoy beef so tender it falls apart when you fork it. Leave out the carrots for Dukan Diet Phase 1.
Check out more of my Dukan Diet posts here.