You can use any mozzarella shreds – regular or light. Garden tomatoes work well in this recipe, or you can pick up some Campari or other tasty tomatoes from the grocery store.
This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure here.
- 3 zucchini (2 if they’re large)
- 6 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 4-ounce container of crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup mozzarella cheese shreds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and slice the zucchini to about 1/4″ thick.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the zucchini, garlic and thyme.
- Cook the zucchini until it begins to soften, then add the tomatoes and cook for another minute or two.
- Lightly spray a 9″ x 12″ baking dish with oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the egg, sour cream, Parmesan, feta cheese and lemon juice.
- Spoon half of the zucchini and tomato mixture into the dish, then add half of the cheese mix. Add the rest of the zucchini and tomatoes, then the rest of the cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese shreds and a little salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 40 minutes or until lightly browned on top (or brown and crispy, if you prefer).
Don’t miss all the latest tips, giveaways, reviews, deals and more. Subscribe to weekly email updates here!