This fantastic chicken marinade recipe is extremely easy to throw together and uses ingredients you probably already have on hand. It should work for various low carb and low fat eating plans, too, including the Dukan Diet.
- 2 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders
Mix together the marinade ingredients and then coat chicken liberally in the marinade. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes, then fry or grill the chicken. I like to use a grill pan lightly coated with oil to fry the chicken on my stove.
You can serve the resulting tasty chicken in myriad ways. Here are a few suggestions.
- Cut the chicken into strips and serve over a green tossed salad or in a wrap with lettuce, sliced tomatoes and red onion, plus some creamy salad dressing (I like Harris Teeter‘s brand of Greek feta dressing). Flat Out Wraps taste great and work extremely well for making wraps at home.
- Serve the chicken on a plate with chopped tomatoes and marinated artichoke hearts on the side.
- Double the recipe and use your leftovers to make chicken salad the next day for lunch. Use low-fat mayonnaise and add a few halved grape tomatoes for a deliciously healthy mid-day meal.