Monthly subscription boxes seem to have popped up all over the place, and Conscious Box offers their own interesting take on the concept – a monthly collection of natural, non-GMO products.
Conscious Box describes their boxes as a “curated selection of food, home, bath and body products” and offers three monthly options – classic, vegan or gluten free. They also sell two price tiers of boxes, the Taster for around $7 a month and the Plus box for $16.95. The company describes the higher-level Plus box as containing more items and a greater number of full-size products.
If you receive a sample sized product you like, you can purchase a full-size version through Conscious Box’s Web site. The company also encourages subscribers to review items in return for points redeemable for product discounts.
I purchased my Conscious Box for $10 through LivingSocial.com, but still had to enter a credit card in order to activate my subscription. My monthly boxes will continue – at full price and charged to my credit card – unless I cancel the service, which I can accomplish through the company’s Web site.
In case you’re wondering what comes in a Conscious Box, here’s what I found in mine:
- Vanilla MRM Elite Performance Protein Powder, 11 gram packet to mix with 3 ounces of liquid, 45 calories
- Natralia Heel Balm 0.1 oz sample packet with $1 coupon attached
- Natralia dry skin lotion 0.1 oz sample packet
- Somersets Extra Delicate English Shaving Oil for bikini line sample packet
- Somersets Extra Delicate English Shaving Oil for legs and underarm sample packet
- Equal Exchange Milk Chocolate Crisp, 1.34 oz bar, 210 calories, 13 grams of fat, 22 grams of carbs, 18 grams of sugar, 3 grams of protein
- Equal Exchange Caramel Crunch Dark Chocolate bar, 3.5 oz bar, 500 calories, 13 grams of fat, 21 grams of carbs, 17 grams of sugar, 2 grams of protein
- Lyft Clean Caffeine Energy Stir Stick, 125 milligrams of caffeine, plus vitamins A, B3, B6, B5 and B12 – stir into a beverage to make it caffeinated
- Bolt Tape sample for pain relief
- Super Eats Kale + Chia Chips, 1.5 oz bag, 180 calories, 7 grams of fat, 14 grams of carbs, 4 grams of fiber, 4 grams of protein
- Buddy Fruits 4.2 oz, raspberry & cranberry flavor, 80 calories, 0.5 grams of fat, 19 grams of carbs, 1 protein gram, 3 grams of fiber
- Sportea – one tea bag, with green tea, vitamin C, electrolytes and Siverian eleuthero root
- NakedWines.com voucher for $100 off a $160+ wine case purchase
- Several recipe cards
My 10-year-old testing assistant loved the Buddy Fruits, which came as a surprise since she doesn’t generally eat much fruit. According to the Buddy Fruits container, they contain real fruit. I’ve since purchased several of these from grocery stores and Walmart for about a buck each, though the store container is about an ounce smaller than the one in my Conscious Box.
My testers of all ages didn’t care for the kale chips, which they found too spicy, though I thought they tasted fine and would buy them again. The chips contain large amounts of beans along with the kale but are gluten free.
My testers really enjoyed the chocolate crisp bar and caramel crunch dark chocolate bar, rating them “delicious.”
The Naked Wines card lists no expiration date but says to use it within 30 days. We also got one of these $100 cards along with an order from Jerry’s Artarama recently.
You can sign up for a free “taster” size Conscious Box using the code TFREE. Remember that you need to enter a credit card number when you sign up, and it’ll be charged the full price every month until you cancel.