It’s no wonder that gift boxes have become so popular. You can order one in a flash and have it directly shipped to anyone, practically anywhere. Send a gift for graduation, Father’s Day, Christmas or birthdays, or use a gift box to say thank you or as a hostess or corporate gift.
Taste Trunk sells dozens of different themed gift boxes containing gourmet food and related products. If none of the pre-made trunks strikes your fancy, you can create your own custom trunk and even write your own gift note to go with it.
I selected the Sausage Trunk to try, and its contents were absolutely delicious. It includes several gourmet sausages of different flavors, plus a full-size jar of gourmet mustard. I chose the Sausage Trunk due to my low carb eating style.
Sausage Trunk Contents
In a Sausage Trunk, your recipient gets the following:
- Volpi Pino Grigio Salame, made with fresh pork and all natural ingredients and no nitrites.
- La Quercia Borsellino Salame, which is a milder salami featuring a touch of fennel.
- P.G. Molinari Pepperoni Sausage, which has a nice texture, slices easily and tastes a bit spicy. This was my favorite among the meats in the Sausage Trunk.
- Haus Barhyte Stoneground Sweet Hot Mustard, a German-style mustard that’s great for dipping sausage slices. It would make a fantastic addition to a party meat and cheese tray.
The large sausage trunk also includes Vermont Smoke Summer Sausage and Volpi Chorizo Spanish Style Salame.
Taste Trunk Suggestions
Taste Trunk offers a huge variety of different combinations of products in themed boxes. Here are just a few of them.
The Gourmet Bacon Trunk includes the following:
- Bourbon Pecan Praline Bacon Rub from Southern Culture Foods
- Bacon Hot Sauce
- Creamy Bacon Chive Dip from Terrapin Ridge
- Hot Pepper Berry Bacon Jam from Terrapin Ridge
- Maple Bacon Chocolate Bar from Chuao
The Junk in the Trunk box features:
- Peanut Butter Nuggets from HK Anderson
- Almond Caramel Chews from Nunes Farms
- Classic Crumb Chocolate Cake from Sweet Sam’s
- Funky Fusion Kettle Chips from Dirty Chips
- Black and White Cookie from Sweet Sam’s
- Giant Toffee Crunch Cookie from Carol’s Cookies
The Salty Chef Trunk includes:
- Salt Plate from Charcoal Companion
- Salt Plate Holder from Charcoal Companion
- Salt Plate Cookbook from Charcoal Companion
The Smoked Trunk contains:
- All Natural Liquid Smoke from Lazy Kettle
- Cherrywood Smoked Sea Salt from San Francisco Salt Co.
- Hickory Wood Smoking Chips from Charcoal Companion
- Sweet & Smoky Bar-B-Q Sauce from Napa Jacks
- Rectangle Smoker Box from Charcoal Companion
Is Taste Trunk Worth It?
Taste Trunk boxes cost about the same as other brands of high-end gourmet food gift boxes, and the box I tried contained extremely tasty foods. In looking through the dozens of different themes, you’re sure to find a box suited to nearly any gift recipient.
The products in each themed trunk seem well thought-out and logically presented. The trunk comes attractively boxed and well packed to prevent shifting or damage to the products.
Taste Trunk gift boxes come in standard and large sizes and cost anywhere from $45 to $89. Both one-time orders and monthly subscriptions are available. I received a sample box for the purpose of this honest review. All opinions are my own.
Don’t miss all the latest tips, giveaways, reviews, deals and more. Subscribe to weekly email updates here!