It’s also so easy to make that you won’t miss the packet. You probably already have all of the spices you need for this fajitas recipe in your cupboard or spice rack already.
I buy the Pictsweet three-pepper and onion blend at Walmart in a 22-ounce size and use half a bag. The one-ounce difference between what I’ve listed here and what I use doesn’t affect the recipe.
I’ve tried making the recipe with fresh onions and peppers. I didn’t notice much difference in taste, but it takes a lot longer to make the recipe. Plus, it’s more expensive, since bell peppers in yellow, red or orange cost more than green peppers.
I’ve also made it with fresh green peppers, which is fine, too. You can alternate using beef or boneless, skinless chicken breasts for these fajitas. Both taste fantastic.
This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure here.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts OR beef tips, sliced thinly
- 12 ounce bag frozen three-pepper and onion blend, thawed
- olive oil spray
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- shake of hot pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/2 to 1 tsp salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Spray a large fry pan or chicken fryer with oil and sautee the chicken or beef until cooked.
- Add the thawed onions and peppers and cook for an addition 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the spices until well blended and cook for another minute or two.
- Serve on warmed tortillas with your favorite fixings such as sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, lettuce and tomatoes.
For a low carb option, eat the fajitas mix out of a bowl with some cheese and/or sour cream on top.
Don’t miss all the latest tips, giveaways, reviews, deals and more. Subscribe to weekly email updates here!