This quick and easy taco salad makes a tasty family dinner or a winning contribution to your next potluck lunch at work. It’s simple to make ahead; just warm up the taco meat when you’re ready to serve it. Kids love helping to stir together this delightful recipe, too.
This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure here.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix OR 3 tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 or 3 chopped tomatoes
- 1 bag green salad
- 8 oz cheddar shreds, regular or light
- jarred jalapeño peppers (optional)
- light sour cream (optional)
- 1/4 to 1/2 bottle light or regular Catalina salad dressing
- crushed, baked tortilla chips (optional, if you’re not eating watching carbs)
- Brown and chop the ground beef in a skillet. Add taco seasoning and water; simmer for 5-10 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Toss the green salad, cheese and tomatoes together. When you’re ready to serve, add taco meat mixture and salad dressing. Add sour cream, jalapeño peppers and tortilla chips to individual bowls for those who want them.
Don’t miss all the latest tips, giveaways, reviews, deals and more. Subscribe to weekly email updates here!