Looking to make egg drop soup at home like what you’d find in a Chinese restaurant? This delicious egg drop soup is a low carb recipe that makes a great Dukan Diet lunch option. Plus, it’s about as quick and easy a lunch as you’ll find and calls for ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 2 eggs
- chives or green onions to sprinkle on top of soup, opitional
- Add pepper, salt and ginger to the chicken broth and bring to boil over high heat.
- In a small bowl, stir the eggs together using a fork or whisk.
- After the broth comes to a boil, slowly drizzle the eggs into the broth and cook for an additional minute, then remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with chives or green onions, if desired, before serving.
Rather than buying cans or bottles of chicken broth, I like to get tubs of chicken base from BJ’s and mix it with water for making my own chicken broth.
If I don’t have any broth or base, I use 4 cups of water and 4 or 5 chicken bouillon cubes.