You can actually make this amazing, easy blueberry muffin recipe with fresh or frozen blueberries, anytime of year. They taste especially great with fresh blueberries, though.
If you prepare this blueberry muffin recipe with gluten-free Bisquick, increase the milk to about 2 cups to 2 1/4 cups. I’ve made it with either 2 percent or skim milk.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose baking mix, such as Bisquick or Jiffy All-Purpose Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar or Splenda
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a muffin pan with 12 baking cups and spray lightly with oil.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except blueberries and mix well.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, dividing evenly among the 12 cups.
- Bake at 375 for 15 to 18 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick into a muffin and it comes out clean.