I was trying to make a pumpkin pie without the crust, partly as a low carb dessert for myself but mostly as a treat for my daughter who loves pumpkin pie but leaves the crust. I figured it couldn’t be too hard to make pumpkin pie without a crust, or something you might call a pumpkin custard. Whatever you call this pumpkin pie version, it tastes FANTASTIC!
Don’t wait for the holidays to roll around again to make this scrumptious low carb pumpkin pie. I’ll definitely be making it frequently.
It’s not only delicious, but it also gets some veggies into my daughter. Pumpkin on its own is a healthy food with a good supply of vitamin A, and this recipe has no added sugar or oils. For the sweetener, you can substitute 1 tsp of liquid stevia if you prefer it instead of Splenda.
This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure here.
I pass by sweets in the office kitchen and don’t even eat cake at birthdays, but I couldn’t stop eating this low carb pumpkin pie without a crust. It was also extremely quick to make – just mix the ingredients together with a wooden spoon, scrape it into a baking dish and let it bake. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup Splenda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Fat-free or low-fat frozen whipped topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8″ square glass baking dish with oil. (You can find a great deal on a set including an 8″ glass baking dish at this link.)
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, eggs, milk, vanilla, sweetener and spices.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the glass baking dish.
- Bake 40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
This crustless, low carb pumpkin pie is delicious warm or cold. Serve with a dollop of whipped topping and store leftovers (if there are any) in the fridge.
Want to know how I lost 45 pounds on the Dukan Diet eating recipes like this? Click here for my post on this topic.