I created this Dukan Diet recipe for crockpot roast from a family favorite dish that my mom has prepared for many years. Making it in the crock pot rather than on the stove means it’s ready and waiting for me when I get home from work. For stage 1 of the Dukan Diet, omit the carrots. If you’re not following any sort of low-carb eating plan, add three or four peeled, quartered potatoes to the pot.
You can actually make this crockpot roast recipe with any slab of beef that’s on sale. Just be sure you don’t buy something that’s too large for your slow cooker.
- 3 to 4 pound roast or London broil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 2 cups water
- 1 pkg (16 ounces) frozen carrots
- 3 to 4 large onions, peeled and quartered
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- Gravy Master (optional)
- Add everything except the beef to the crockpot and stir gently to combine.
- Remove all visible fat from the roast and add it to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- When ready to serve, cut the now tender meat into servings. If you can find Gravy Master in your grocery store, add a bit to the pot to make the broth more tasty. I generally add about a tablespoon.
Gravy Master is one of those hidden gems that my mom has used in recipes for as long as I can remember, but I can’t always find it where I live. She’ll sometimes buy me several little bottles of it so I’ll have a supply on hand for a few years. There are other gravy flavoring products on the market, but I haven’t found anything comparable to Gravy Master.