Remember that Orange Julius drink you used to get at the mall when you were a teenager? Or maybe you still splurge at the Orange Julius every chance you get. The chain now sells a selection of smoothies and other frozen, fruity drinks, but many people have fond memories of working up a thirst shopping at the mall and then grabbing a cold, yummy Orange Julius drink.…
Food & Recipes
If you’ve run out of chili seasoning mix or just prefer to make your own, this homemade chili seasoning mix recipe is right on the money. You can leave out the sugar and flour commonly found in commercial packets to makea low carb and/or gluten free chili seasoning mix.
You can also nix the salt if you’re watching your sodium.
- 8 tsp chili powder
- 1 to 2 tsp salt, to taste
- 1/8 cup crushed red pepper
- 1/8 cup dried minced onions
- 1/8 cup garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- one packet calorie-free sweetener, such as Splenda
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tsp dried parsley
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and store in an airtight container.…
Looking to make egg drop soup at home like what you’d find in a Chinese restaurant? This delicious egg drop soup is a low carb recipe that makes a great Dukan Diet lunch option. Plus, it’s about as quick and easy a lunch as you’ll find and calls for ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 2 eggs
- chives or green onions to sprinkle on top of soup, opitional
- Add pepper, salt and ginger to the chicken broth and bring to boil over high heat.