I’ve loved Breyers ice cream for as long as I can remember. My parents used to prefer cherry vanilla Breyers. These days, I occasionally eat some low carb or sugar free Breyers vanilla.
Breyers commissioned Chef Antonia Lofaso to create some delicious recipes using their ice cream (though Breyers is already quite yummy on its own). Here’s one of the Breyers ice cream recipes Chef Lofaso put together.
You just need a carton of Breyers vanilla ice cream, some sliced pineapple and a bit of toasted coconut flakes to whip up this tasty treat in about 10 minutes. The recipe makes two servings, but you can easily double (or triple) it to suit your needs.
- 2 ( ¼ inch thick) slices fresh pineapple
- 1 cup Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream, lightly softened
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut shavings
- Grill pineapple slices over low to medium heat for 90 seconds on each side. Allow to cool briefly.
- Sandwich the softened Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream between the two grilled pieces of pineapple.
- Coat sides in toasted coconut.
- Slice in half and serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories 180, Calories from Fat 70, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 55 mg, Total Carbs 25 g, Dietary Fiber 1 g, Sugars 22 g, Protein 3 g, %DV: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 10%, Iron 2%
What’s your favorite flavor of Breyers ice cream?
If you enjoyed this post, could you please click here to give it a G+1?
Don’t miss all the latest tips, giveaways, reviews, deals and more. Subscribe to weekly email updates here!